Roger A. Cox The Thompson Submachine Gun


Only 1 left in stock


This is an original edition publication that is in good+ condition, and shows normal wear and tear for its age, (some staining, and tears, rip in jacket, etc.) Pristine copies are selling for around $750 and examples without covers and fair condition start around $300. A good investment for the advance Thompson collector.


When Roger Cox published “The Thompson Submachine Gun” in 1982, it was a much needed work on the subject from a collector perspective. He teamed with William J. Helmer (author of “The Gun That Made The Twenties Roar,” published in 1969) to produce the historical accounts featured in the book, and then added technical information and model comparisons acquired from at least a decade of collecting, buying, and selling Thompsons. This resulted in a very good work of high quality printing and presentation. The book is out of print, and will not be republished. Very high prices are paid for existing examples.  About 40% (92 pages) of the Cox book contains narrative text and pictures covering the TSMG. The other 60% or so contains full reprints of various Thompson manuals and catalogs, as well as a list of the 15,000 Colt Thompson serial numbers, and as many of their original owners as had been documented at the time. Cox was the first to begin to document the Colts by serial number, and this effort has been continued in works by other authors. Overall, this book is a very nice one to have in an advanced Thompson collection.


There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Roger A. Cox The Thompson Submachine Gun”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.